Learn how to request Temple's Verizon telephone conferencing service.
Table of Contents
Verizon telephone conferencing is available to Temple departments. This service offers a practical and cost-effective option for conducting small meetings with up to 20 participants. The service is easy to use and does not require participants to perform any setup process.
All budget unit heads of Temple University can request this service. Multiple toll free conference lines can also be requested.
- To take advantage of telephone conferencing, a department needs a toll free number and passcodes that are provided when this service is requested.
- To use this service, participants only need access to a telephone line.
- A department designee is required to maintain the confirmation number and passcodes.
- A department designee is required to dial into the conference line at least once every six months to prevent the toll free number from being deactivated.
Budget unit heads can request this services by completing the Telephone Conferencing form and including the following information:
- Conference Leader Name
- Street Address (for mailing purposes)
- City, State, and Zip Code
- International Access (Yes or No)
The service is normally activated within five business days after the budget unit head submits the request.
Once the service is activated with a toll-free number and passcodes, Verizon will provide full instructions to the budget unit head who requested the service. Participants simply dial the toll-free number and follow the prompts.
Please note that a conference call can support up to 20 participants and that this is an audio-only service.
See the Rates page for the current cost per minute for each conference call participant. This cost will be billed to the department. There are no activation or monthly charges.
International participants cannot dial-in toll free, but will incur standard charges at normal international rates from their local phone provider.
For assistance, call 8-8647 (8-VOIP) from on campus or 215-777-8647 (215-777-VOIP) during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Alternatively, employees can submit a request through the tuhelp.temple.edu website.