Learn when and how to change your password.
Your AccessNet password remains effective for 180 days. When it is time to change your password, Information Technology Services will send you an e-mail reminder directing you to accounts.temple.edu where you can change your password.
To change your password at any time, perform one of the following:
- Log in to accounts.temple.edu and click Your Password. (If you are unable to log in, click I cannot log in.)
- or -
- Click the Manage Account tab the Information Technology Services website and click Reset password/security questions. (If you are unable to log in, click Forgot password.)
If you are unable to change your password, call 215-204-8000 (1-8000) or visit the Help Desk for assistance. The Help Desk will require proof of identity.
After you change your password, your new password becomes effective immediately for every system that uses your AccessNet username.
Your password length is up to you, as long as it is at least 8 characters. Requirements vary depending on length:
|8 to 11||upper-case, lower-case, numbers, symbols|
|12 to 15||upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers|
|16 to 19||upper-case letters, lower-case letters|
|20 or more||any combination of US keyboard characters|
- You cannot reuse your last three passwords.
- Certain dictionary words (e.g. Temple) and your username are prohibited.
- Your password length is up to you, as long as it is at least 8 characters. Requirements vary depending on length:
If you saved your password locally on your smartphone, an e-mail client (Outlook) or your browser, you must manually update the password there as well. Failure to do so may cause login problems.