Learn when and how to change your password.
Your AccessNet password remains effective for 180 days. When it is time to change your password, Information Technology Services will send you an e-mail reminder directing you to accounts.temple.edu where you can change your password.
To change your password at any time, go to accounts.temple.edu and click on Change Password. You can also go to the Account Management tab on Information Technology Services website and click on Reset password/security questions.
- If are unable to log in, click on Forgot my password.
- If you unable to change your password, call 215-204-8000 (1-8000) or visit the Help Desk for assistance. The Help Desk will require proof of identity.
After you change your password, your new password becomes effective immediately for every system that uses your AccessNet username.
To comply with security guidelines and requirements, passwords must:
- contain between 8 and 15 characters.
- include at least one upper case character, one lower case character, and one number.
- not be a sequential variation of a previous password. For example, if GoOwls01 was your previous password, you cannot use GoOwls02.
Note that you can include two special characters in your password: $ and #.
If you saved your password locally on a handheld device (BlackBerry, iPhone, etc.), an e-mail client (Outlook) or your browser, you must manually update the password there as well. Failure to do so may cause login problems.