There are a variety of ways provided by Purchasing to buy computer software for university use. Purchasing can also advise on the best method to acquire a product and available alternatives.
- All software requests must be reviewed for Information Security and Accessibility and so they must first go through the Purchasing Pre-Approval form to gain these approvals before a purchase is made. In addition, if a software package totals more than $10,000.00 it is subject to bid.
- The Purchasing Pre-Approval form can be found in TUportal by going to the Staff Tools tab > Employee Forms > Search for "Purchasing Pre-Approval."
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures can be found in TUportal by going to the Budget and Finance tab and scrolling to the Purchasing Services section at the bottom of the page.
- Most software products are available for purchase through TUmarketplace.
- Software that cannot be located on TUmarketplace and is not part of the Software Site Licensing Program can be purchased using a Temple Purchasing Card if the total cost is under $5,000.00 and does not require a signature.
- Software that requires a signature on a license agreement or quote should be processed as a Contract Approval Form in TUmarketplace. Only University Counsel is authorized to sign documents for order placement (license agreements, quotes, etc.).
- Quotes can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or calling 215-204-6700 (1-6700).
Must be a Temple University faculty or staff member.