Information Technology Services provides deskside support for equipment located in Temple University offices.
Table of Contents
Information Technology Services provides deskside support for equipment located in Temple University offices. This support is typically available after the Help Desk performs the initial evaluation and/or troubleshooting. To qualify for this service, you must be a university employee or authorized guest, located in a university office.
- Desktop support for TUHS employees is provided by the Health System’s internal technical support team. For TUHS desktop support, call 215-707-7008 (2-7008).
- Schools, Colleges, and Departments having dedicated IT support staff may receive service levels that differ from this offering. School, College, and Departmental IT staff will work directly with their clients after help requests are submitted.
To request support for a university-owned device, click the Request Help tab on the Information Technology Services home page or call the Help Desk at (215) 204-8000.
Support is available on Main, HSC, TUCC, Ambler, TASB, and Fort Washington campuses from Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- local and network (non-wireless) printers
Note that home-built equipment and consumer models are excluded from this service.
- site-licensed software by the University
- software purchased by a department
The system must be:
- owned by Temple University or authorized vendor
- physically present in a Temple building
- connected to the Temple University network
Note: If you need support for a computer not owned by Temple University but used for university business, please contact the Help Desk. Depending on the issue, the Help Desk may recommend that you schedule an HD Clinic appointment.
Minimum Computer System Requirements
The computer must be less than five years old and meet the following requirements:
|PC||Mac (Intel Only)|
|Manufacturer||Dell, HP, & Lenovo (Business models)||Apple|
|Operating system||Windows 7 (Windows 10 Preferred)||OS X 10.13 (macOS High Sierra)|
|System speed||Intel Core i-series||Intel Core i-series|
|RAM||8 GB (16 GB preferred)||8 GB (16 GB preferred)|
Minimum Tablet Requirements
The tablet must meet the following requirements:
|Manufacturer||Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, & Nexus|
|Operating system||iOS 10 and above, Android 6 or later (Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo)|
The fulfillment time will depend on the nature of the problem and the time of year. General guidelines are as follows:
- Computer is inoperable: 1 business day or sooner, depending on urgency
- Standard troubleshooting or software installation/upgrades: 1-3 business days
Note: Schools, Colleges, and Departments having dedicated IT support staff may receive service levels that differ from this offering. School, College, and Departmental IT staff will work directly with their clients after help requests are submitted.