Information Technology Services provides deskside support for equipment located in Temple University offices.
Table of Contents
Information Technology Services provides deskside support for equipment located in Temple University offices. This support is typically available after the Help Desk performs the initial evaluation and/or troubleshooting. To qualify for this service, you must be a university employee or authorized guest, located in a university office.
- Desktop support for TUHS employees is provided by the Health System’s internal technical support team. For TUHS desktop support, call 215-707-7008 (2-7008).
- Schools, Colleges, and Departments having dedicated IT support staff may receive service levels that differ from this offering. School, College, and Departmental IT staff will work directly with their clients after help requests are submitted.
To request support for a university-owned device, go to tuhelp.temple.edu and submit a Request Help ticket or call the Help Desk at (215) 204-8000.
On-site support is available on Main, HSC, TUCC, Ambler, TASB and Harrisburg campuses from Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- workstations/laptops (Note that home-built equipment and consumer models are excluded from this service).
- smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS - current operating system release and one prior)
- local and network (non-wireless) printers
- site-licensed software by the University
- software purchased by a department
The system must be:
- owned by Temple University or authorized vendor
- physically present in a Temple building
- connected to the Temple University network
Note: If you need support for a computer not owned by Temple University but used for university business, please contact the Help Desk. Depending on the issue, the Help Desk may recommend that you schedule an HD Clinic appointment.
Minimum Computer System Requirements
The computer must be less than five years old and meet the following requirements:
|PC||Mac (Intel Only)|
|Manufacturer||Dell, HP, & Lenovo (Business models)||Apple|
|Operating system||Windows 8.1, 10 (Windows 7 support to end January 14, 2020)||macOS (current version and one prior)|
|System speed||Intel Core i5-series and higher||Intel Core i5-series and higher|
|RAM||8 GB (16 GB preferred)||8 GB (16 GB preferred)|
Minimum Tablet Requirements
The tablet must meet the following requirements:
|Manufacturer||Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft & Samsung|
|Operating system||iOS and Android OS (current release and one prior)|
The fulfillment time will depend on the nature of the problem and the time of year. General guidelines are as follows:
- Computer is inoperable: 1 business day or sooner, depending on urgency
- Standard troubleshooting or software installation/upgrades: 1-3 business days
Note: Schools, Colleges, and Departments having dedicated IT support staff may receive service levels that differ from this offering. School, College, and Departmental IT staff will work directly with their clients after help requests are submitted.