Personalize your @temple.edu email address.
Table of Contents
An alias is a nickname used to personalize your @temple.edu email address. Although it appears as a separate email address, messages are sent to your existing email account.
- Students, faculty and staff an have up to five email aliases. Alums can have two aliases.
- Unless it was already in use, an alias of email@example.com was automatically assigned to you when your account was activated (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The alias listed as your Display Email Alias appears in the Search Results box in the Cherry & White Directory.
- Go to the Cherry & White Directory, click Update your entry, and then log in.
Log in to TUportal and click Cherry and White Update on the Home tab under TUapplications. You may then need to click Update your entry.
- Type each alias into an Alias box as shown below. Note the following naming requirements:
- must begin and end with a letter of the alphabet (lowercase or uppercase) or a number,
- must contain at least three characters,
- can contain dashes (-) or periods as long as they are not at the beginning or the end of the alias.
- To set an alias as your Display Email Alias, click the circle to the left of the desired alias. Your Display Email Alias will appear in the Search Results box in the Cherry & White Directory.
Note: If you use Outlook 365 (Exchange), your From address will be updated automatically to reflect the Display Email Alias. If you use Temple Gmail, please see below for additional steps to manually update your From address.
- After editing the alias information, click Submit. Please note it may take four hours for the alias to be created.
Note: After creating an alias, please wait four hours before performing the steps below:
To have your alias appear in the From address of your outgoing mail messages:
- Log in to your TUmail account.
- Go to the upper-right corner, click the Settings icon , and select See all settings.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Add another email address you own window, perform the following steps:
a ) In the Email address box, enter the alias you created, such as email@example.com.
b) Make sure a check mark appears next to Treat as an alias. Then click Next Step.
c) If you are prompted to verify your email address, click Send Verification. Then look for an email with the subject Temple University Confirmation, click the link in the message and then click Confirm. Finally, close the Add another email address you own window.
- Back on the Send mail as section of the Accounts tab, click make default to select the From address you want to use on a regular basis.
- When sending a message, you can toggle between your aliases by clicking the drop-down menu next to the From name and selecting the alias. If you don't see the From name, first click the recipient's name or email address.
- If you access Temple Gmail using an app, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, you will also need to change the From address in that app.
Your primary email address in Canvas is your AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you change your From addresss, you should add that address to Canvas as a secondary email address.
- Listserv Mailing Lists
When you subscribe to a Listserv mailing list, you are identified by your From address. If you change your From address, you may not be able to post messages to your lists. In order to post messages, you must use the same From address that you had when you subscribed.