Wireless on Campus
TUsecurewireless provides access to Temple resources and the internet.
- Provides a secure network.
- Supports Print on the Go remote printing for students.
- Available 24 hours a day except during periods of scheduled maintenance or unforeseen network or electrical problems.
- Available in specific campus locations.
- Anyone with a current AccessNet username and password and sponsored guests such as parents, friends, product vendors, conference attendees, and outside organizations, such as news media personnel are eligible to use TUsecurewireless.
Wireless in Residence Halls
The wireless networks in Temple's residence halls provide access to Temple resources and the internet.
Temple's residence halls have two secure wireless networks:
- TUresnet - use for laptop/desktop computers and mobile devices (phones/tablets)
- TUresnetextra - use for game consoles, streaming media players and similar devices
Planning to visit campus soon? If you are visiting Temple University or the Temple University Health System, you can register for free Wi-Fi access on the TUguestwireless network. Once you are registered and receive your password, you will be able to log in to the TUsecurewireless network for up to five days. If you need additional time, you can simply re-register.
- You will need to have your cell phone with you during the registration process, as a pre-assigned password will be sent to you as a text message.
- The text message will be sent to you by Twilio, Inc. For a list of countries that are covered, go to the coverage page, scroll down and click the Supported destinations link.
- Once you are registered, you can use the same username and password to connect from any device.
You can also print a PDF version of these instructions.
Connect to the TUguestwireless network by selecting it from the list of available Wi-Fi networks. Next, if your web browser doesn't automatically open, make sure to open it.
In the Guest Registration window, perform the following:
a) Type your name.
b) Type your cell phone number.
A confirmation window appears with instructions. You will also shortly receive a text message with your assigned password. Copy this password because you will need it to connect to TUsecurewireless.
Once you receive your password via a text message, connect to the TUsecurewireless network and log in as follows:
-username = your cell phone number (The format should be the same as used in step 2. Include any parentheses, periods, dashes or spaces you previously entered.)
-password = the text sent to your cell phone.