Learn how Microsoft Teams can help you collaborate.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Teams allows you to create a collaborative workspace where all the members of your work group can communicate and share files in one central location. Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 subscription service, which is available for Temple students, faculty and staff.
To access Microsoft Teams:
- Go to portal.office.com and log in with your AccessNet and password. Note that the first time you log in, you may have to first enter your AccessNet email@example.com email address and then select work or school account.
- On the portal page, in the panel on the left, click Teams .
- When prompted to download the Teams desktop app, you can either download and install the app, or select Use the web app instead.
- Resources from Microsoft
– Microsoft Teams Help and Learning
-- What is Microsoft Teams? (Video)
– Teams Quick Start Guide
-- Create and Work in Teams, Public Channels and Private Channels
-- Using Teams Chat
-- Using Teams Meetings
- Recent Temple Tech Bits
– Collaborate Online with Microsoft Teams
– Continue Collaborating Online with Teams (Students / Faculty Staff)
– Try Microsoft Teams for Impromptu Meetings
– Combine the Power of Microsoft Teams and Planner
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Cohort Training Recordings
Microsoft and NCCE have created a free, recorded training series specifically for Temple. This training series features three different sessions that cover how Teams, Outlook and OneDrive work seamlessly together for productivity and collaboration and how they can integrate with specific Temple systems, such as Canvas and Zoom. To get started, see the links below:
– Session 1
– Session 2
– Session 3
Can I add someone from outside of Temple University to my team?
- Yes. To learn how, see Add guests to a team in Teams.
How do I collaborate on files/documents with others on Teams?
- To learn more about the collaboration features in Teams, such as adding tools with tabs and working on a file together, see Work Together on Microsoft Teams.
- To learn how to start a chat with other team members in teams, see Using Teams Chat or this video on how to start and pin chats.
- To learn how to meet with other team members in teams, see Using Teams Meetings.
How do I create a public or private team?
- To learn how to make a team, see Create Your First Teams with Microsoft Teams
- To learn how to make a team private, see Make a Public Team Private in Microsoft Teams
- Also, check out this video on How to Create a Team and Add Members in Microsoft Teams
What permissions do owners, members and guests in a team have?
- To learn more about the differences and capabilities of roles in a team, see Team Owner, Member and Guest Capabilities in Teams
If I am the team owner, can I adjust the permissions of my team members?
- Yes. To learn how, see Manage Team Settings and Permissions in Teams
- Also, check out this video: Microsoft Teams – Setting Member Permissions
Can I use Microsoft Planner to create and organize a plan for my team’s projects?
- Yes. To learn more on using Microsoft Planner in your team, see Create A Plan with Planner in Teams
- Also, check out this video: How To Create a Plan with Planner in Microsoft Teams