Office 365 is a subscription service offering the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. The program offers the Microsoft Suite desktop software for your PC and/or Mac, applications for mobile devices and access to Office Online.
Table of Contents
Office 365 provides students, faculty and staff with access to the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more at no charge. The software can be loaded on up to five PCs and Macs, and up to five compatible mobile devices.
This offering is only available to currently enrolled students and current employees (faculty and staff) and is subject to Temple University's participation in this Microsoft program.
Office 365 Features
Your Office 365 subscription includes the following features:
- Office 365 Pro Plus
Download and install the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite on your PC or Mac:
- Office 365 Pro Plus for PCs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business
Note: OneDrive is now included with Windows and is no longer a part of the Office Suite.
- Office 2016 for Macs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote
- System Requirements: Office supports PCs running Windows 7 or higher. Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS (Currently 10.11 and higher). For the full list of requirements, see the Office 365 system requirements page. For more information and download instructions, visit the Microsoft Office Download section.
1 TB of storage in the cloud to save your documents which you can then access online and on mobile applications. Learn more.
- Office Online
Web-based version of Microsoft Office that allows you to create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. For more information and access instructions, visit the Access Office Online section.
- Mobile Applications
As part of your subscription, you can download Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and OneDrive on your mobile devices to access your documents on the go.
To learn more about Office 365 mobile applications, visit the Access to Office 365 Mobile Applications section.
The Microsoft Office download link and instructions can be accessed via TUportal. You may install the Microsoft Office desktop applications on up to five compatible PCs and Macs.
Please note: Office 365 needs to be connected to the internet at least once every 30 days or it will revert to a read-only mode until user authentication is confirmed.
With Microsoft Office 365, users have a flexible licensing model where Office can be installed and licensed on any combination of five Windows or macOS systems, five smartphones, and five tablets (work or home).
The following instructions are for managing license deactivations on retired or unused devices.
The Office 365 mobile applications are available for iPads, iPhones, Android Phones and Windows Phones through the respective app stores. Using these applications, you can view and edit your documents saved in your OneDrive library from nearly anywhere while keeping your document's content and formatting intact.
Note: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and OneDrive are all separate applications. To learn more about the options for each device, visit the Office across devices page, scroll down to Want Office on your devices for free? and select your device(s).
During the application setup process, select the Office for Business option and login with your AccessNet username (email@example.com) and password when prompted to do so.
Additional Resources for Office 365 Mobile Applications:
Office Online is an online version of the Microsoft Office suite equipped with the most used features (not the full desktop version). You can create new documents and edit your existing documents saved on OneDrive using these online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
You can access Office Online by logging into portal.office.com with your AccessNet username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
Reminder: Sign out of Office Online when you are using a public web browser. The Sign Out option is in the upper right corner menu.
Should I install Microsoft Office on my computer?
- It’s possible that you already have Office 365 Pro Plus on your work computer. If you’d like to ensure that you have the latest version of Office, please submit a TUhelp request.
- If you have an older version of Office installed, you may want to download Office 365 for the newer applications.
What happens when I graduate or leave Temple University?
- Your Office 365 subscription through Temple ends one year after you graduate at which time you can download your files to your computer.