Office 365 is a subscription service offering the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. The program offers the Microsoft Suite desktop software for your PC and/or Mac, applications for mobile devices and access to Office Online.
Table of Contents
Office 365 provides students, faculty and staff with access to the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more at no charge. The software can be loaded on up to five PCs and Macs, and up to five compatible mobile devices.
This offering is only available to currently enrolled students and current employees (faculty and staff) and is subject to Temple University's participation in this Microsoft program.
Office 365 Features
Your Office 365 subscription includes the Pro Plus version with the following features:
- Office 365 Pro Plus
Download and install the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite on your PC or Mac:
- Office 365 Pro Plus for PCs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business
Note: OneDrive is now included with Windows and is no longer a part of the Office Suite.
- Office 2016 for Macs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote
- System Requirements: Office supports PCs running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS (Currently 10.13 High Sierra and later). For the full list of requirements, see the Office 365 system requirements page. For more information and download instructions, visit the Microsoft Office Download section.
1 TB of storage in the cloud to save your documents which you can then access online and on mobile applications. Learn more.
- Office Online
Web-based version of Microsoft Office that allows you to create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. For more information and access instructions, visit the Access Office Online section.
- Mobile Applications
As part of your subscription, you can download the Office mobile app to your iPhone/iPad or Android device. This app combines Word, Excel, PowerPoint and integrates with your OneDrive files. You can also download individual apps, such as Outlook or Teams.
The Microsoft Office download link and instructions can be accessed via TUportal. You may install the Microsoft Office desktop applications on up to five compatible PCs and Macs.
Please note: Office 365 needs to be connected to the internet at least once every 30 days or it will revert to a read-only mode until user authentication is confirmed.
With Microsoft Office 365, users have a flexible licensing model where Office can be installed and licensed on any combination of five Windows or macOS systems, five smartphones, and five tablets (work or home).
The following instructions explain how to sign out of retired or unused devices to free up one or more licenses.
Try the new Office 365 mobile app for your iPad/Phone or Android device. It combines Word, Excel and PowerPoint into a single app and integrates with your OneDrive files.
After installing the app, click Sign In (iPad/iPhone) or Connect your Account (Android). Then sign in using your AccessNet email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org), select Work or school account, and log in using your AccessNet username and password. By linking the app to your AccessNet account, you will have full access to all of the features.
To view additional apps, such as Outlook and Teams, scroll down on the mobile apps page.
Office Online is an online version of the Microsoft Office suite equipped with the most used features (not the full desktop version). You can create new documents and edit your existing documents saved on OneDrive using these online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
To access Office Online:
- Go to portal.office.com.
- Enter your AccessNetemail@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If prompted to select a Work or school account or Personal account, click Work or school account.
- At the Temple login page, enter your AccessNet username and password.
- When prompted to Stay signed in?, you can select Yes if you are using your own computer. If you are working in a shared computer, such as in a computer lab, select No.
Reminder: Sign out of Office Online when you are using a public web browser. The Sign Out option is in the upper right corner menu.