Information Technology Services installs wired internet service for Temple affiliated offices.
Wired internet service for Temple affiliated offices is typically installed by Information Technology Services (ITS). An ITS staff member will come to your office and install an Ethernet jack.
To request this service, you must:
- be an authorized employee or guest of Temple University
- reside in a Temple building or leased space that is connected to the Temple network
- receive approval from a budget unit head or business manager
In addition, your computer must:
- be registered with Information Technology Services (To submit a request to register your computer, log in to the TUhelp website, click the Request Help tab, fill in the form and click Submit Request.)
- have the required antivirus software installed
- have the latest operating system patches installed
If you have a new computer, refer to Office Computer Setup for more information.
Complete the Ethernet Jack Request form and make sure to include your:
- building and room number for the service
For new Ethernet jack installations, please plan on a period of 15 business days for your order to be completed. For an additional charge and depending on the availability of resources, each order item can be expedited based on two levels of service:
- 1-3 business days
- 4-7 business days