Did you know that by using Box Edit, you can seamlessly edit your OWLbox files using a locally installed program, such as Microsoft Word, and then automatically save them back to OWLbox?
To try it out:
- Go to Box Edit and click Get Box Edit to download and install this feature.
- Next, log into OWLbox and click on a file to open it.
- On the upper right portion of the preview screen, you will see a group of icons. Click the pencil icon to launch Box Edit. (If you select "Lock file to prevent others from modifying it," you can easily unlock the file later. Just right-click on the filename in the OWLbox file list.)
- The file will open using the appropriate program on your computer. For example, a file ending in .docx will open in Microsoft Word and a file ending in .pptx will open in PowerPoint.
- When you save the file, be sure you are still logged into OWLbox and look for the Saving to Box and File Saved to Box messages.
As an added benefit, Box Edit automatically maintains a version history of your file. This is really helpful for collaboration purposes or if you simply want to access a previous version of a document.