Ever get halfway done writing a lab report then realize that the information in one paragraph would look better in a table format? Tables are great to help organize those confusing thoughts/processes and make them clear for your audience to understand. Luckily, a feature in Microsoft Word allows you to easily convert text to a table or switch table to text.
Convert Text to a Table
- Highlight the text you want to convert to a table.
- Click Insert, then Table and then Convert Text to Table.
- Select the options for your table and then click OK.
- You can then resize the table by clicking on the table edges.
Don't like the changes from converting the text to a table? Easily convert the table back into text.
Convert Table to Text
- Click inside the table you want to convert to text.
- Click Layout under the Table Tools tab in the blue ribbon.
- On the left where the Table group is, click Select then Select Table.
- On the right where the Data group is, click Convert to Text.
- Select the options for how you would like the text, then click OK.