Looking to use your smartphone to help increase your productivity and make you more tech-savvy? Check out these three features to help you become a pro at optimizing your phone:
Scheduling Do Not Disturb times
Quickly turn interruptions off or on for a more productive workday or study session with scheduled Do Not Disturb times. During this time, phone calls and notifications will be silenced.
- Open Settings, then tap Do Not Disturb.
- On the Do Not Disturb screen, tap the toggle switch to turn on Scheduled.
- Select a time period to set Do Not Disturb.
Android (Note: Although instructions may vary based on the make and model of your Android phone, we included the most common steps.)
- Swipe down from the top of your screen, then tap Do Not Disturb .
- You will be presented with three options to schedule Do Not Disturb based on your preference:
- On until you turn it off (pre-selected)
- On for one hour with +/- options to add or deduct time
- On until a specific date and time
Type messages with one hand when you’re on the go by setting up One-Handed Keyboard.
- Open Settings and then tap General > Keyboard > One-Handed Keyboard.
- Select either Left or Right based on your preference.
Note: If you don’t see the One-Handed Keyboard option, try adjusting your settings. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > View, select Standard and then tap Set at the top right. Then tap Use Standard to restart your phone and return to step 1.
- Open the keyboard on your phone.
- Tap the One-Handed Keyboard icon to enable or disable the keyboard.
This will shrink the keyboard and bind it to either the right or left side of the screen. You can switch sides using the arrows based on your preference.
Monitor Screen Time
Keep track of how much time you are spending on your mobile device in order to manage your time more effectively.
iPhone (Note: The following instructions are to add a Screen Time widget to your iPhone)
- On your Home Screen, swipe right to access the Today view.
- Scroll to the bottom, tap Edit, then click the + in the top left corner.
- Search for “Screen Time” and tap the +Add widget button to add it to your Today view.
- You can then slide the widget to the right from the Today view to add it to your Home screen.
- Finally, tap the screen once to settle the icons.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Digital Wellbeing & parental controls.
- The chart shows your current phone usage for the day and displays information such as Screen Time, Unlocks, Notifications, etc.
- To get more info on usage of a specific app or change its settings, tap on a listed app.