Wondering how to continue communicating and collaborating effectively with your co-workers while you work at home?
Microsoft Teams allows you to create a collaborative workspace where all the members of your work group can communicate and share files in one central location.
To get started setting up your team:
- Go to teams.office.com and log in with your AccessNet and password. Note that the first time you login, you may have to first enter your AccessNet username @temple.edu email address and then select work or school account before you login.
- Once you login, click Teams in the menu on the left.
- In the top right, click Join or create team.
To join a team, hover over the team’s box then click Join Team. Several public teams are already available for you to join. Since we can’t run into each other on campus for a while, we have created virtual watercooler teams that you can join, such as the Book club or the Kids at Home Ideas.
Note that if you can't find your team, you may have to search for it using the search box in the top right corner that appears on the Join or create team page.
If you want to create a new team, then click Create team in the Create a team box.
- Select a team type that is most appropriate to the team you are developing (i.e. Class, Professional Learning Community).
- Fill out the appropriate details about your team, such as what the Team name will be, the team’s Sensitivity level, and whether you would like it to be Private or Public, then click Next to create your team.
- Add members to your team by adding their names or emails then click Add, then click Close. Note that there is a 5000 member limit for each team.
Once your team is created and members are added, you can chat, post messages and share and live edit files.
Learn More About Teams
- For more information about Teams, tune into our Getting Started with Microsoft Teams webinar on Monday, March 30th at 1:00 pm.
- Join the Learn to Use Teams team for discussion or to post questions that other team members can respond to. Already know how to use Teams? Join in to share your expertise.
- You can also see the Microsoft Teams website for helpful videos.
Want to stay updated with your team across all your devices? Download the Teams desktop or mobile app.
Note that if you use TU Gmail, the Teams meeting scheduler and other calendar features will not work because your calendar is in Gmail. Exchange/Microsoft Outlook users, however, can use the calendar features.