Make the most of your meetings by taking advantage of Zoom's latest options. To personalize the new options, first make sure that you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your computer by following the steps below.
Obtaining the Latest Version of Zoom
- Go to your list of desktop applications by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left or, on the Mac, going to Finder/Applications.
- In your list of applications, click Zoom or zoom.us (Mac). If you don’t see Zoom listed as an application, you can download the Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Next, click Sign In, then Sign in with SSO, type temple in the box (unless it's already there) and finally, click Continue.
- If prompted, sign in with your AccessNet username and password.
- Then click Launch Zoom, then Open Zoom Meetings or Open zoom.us (Mac).
- Now with the Zoom window open, click your initials or photo at the top right corner and click Check for Updates.
- Once Zoom checks for updates and you click Update to install them, you'll have access to the latest options featured below.
Choose Your Own Settings
In the Zoom window, click the gear Settings icon towards the top right. Below is a sampling of some of the items that you can set. Note that there are slight variations between Mac and Windows options.
- set duo monitor, if you have two monitors, to show participant videos and shared content on different screens
- set how you would like Zoom to open and close a meeting
- show connected time
- enable HD
- have more control to touch up your appearance
- set your video for low light situations
- the bonus is you can see yourself as you make adjustments
- test and adjust your sound level
- adjust audio settings when you enter a meeting
- change the size of the chat text
- set various screen reader alerts
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk through the tuhelp.temple.edu website or call 215-204-8000.