Ever create a PowerPoint containing a number of slides that need editing before it’s ready to go? Instead of scrolling through slide by slide to edit, try organizing your slides into sections.
- In PowerPoint, go to the left panel where all of your slides are displayed.
- To create your first section, right-click the first slide and click Add Section. For the Mac, you can also press the control key, click and select Add Section.
- Next, give your new section a name that you prefer. To rename the section, right-click the default name Untitled Section and click Rename Section.
- Type in the new name you would like to give the section and click Rename.
- Continue this process for each slide where you would like a new section to begin.
The nice thing about creating sections for your slides is the fact that you can now navigate through each section rather than each slide. You can also hide sections that you are not currently working on by simply clicking on the triangle located next to the section name. To display the section again, just re-click the triangle.
You can also easily view all of your slides organized into sections by selecting View in the menu and then Slide Sorter.