Ever find out at the last minute that a colleague can't be on campus to attend a meeting? Follow the steps below to use an online conferencing program called WebEx. With WebEx, your colleague can simply join in the discussion and see the meeting computer screen.
Get Audio Ready
For a quick audio setup, let your colleague know the number of the meeting room phone so he or she can call in. You can also call your colleague using a phone that has a speaker.
Set Up WebEx
- Go to webex.temple.edu and log in.
- On the top menu bar, click Meeting Center.
- On the left, click Schedule a Meeting.
- In the Meeting Topic box, fill in a topic.
- Next, in the Attendees box, fill in the email address of your colleague(s).
- Then, scroll to the bottom and click Start. A separate Cisco WebEx Meeting Center window will open and your colleague will receive an email meeting invite.
- Click Share Screen so your colleague will be able to see your computer screen.
- Ask your colleague to open the Join WebEx email and to follow the prompts to the join the meeting.
Extra: Need the attendees to share their screens too for your meeting? See the Tech Bit on this topic.
End the WebEx Session
- Move your cursor to the You are sharing this monitor box at the top of the screen and click Stop Sharing.
- On the Citrix WebEx Meeting Center screen, click Leave Meeting or End Meeting towards the left. If a box opens, confirm by clicking End or Leave Meeting.
- On the Temple University WebEx screen, click Log Out towards the top right.
- Finally—and this is important—be sure to exit the browser to completely close out your login session.
- Your colleague can close the session window to leave or end the meeting.