Ever find out at the last minute that a classmate can't be on campus to attend a meeting? Follow the steps below to use an online conferencing program called WebEx. With WebEx, your classmate can simply join in the discussion and see the meeting computer screen.
Get Audio Ready
For a quick audio setup, let your classmate know the number of the meeting room phone so he or she can call in. You can also call your classmate using a phone that has a speaker.
Set Up WebEx
- Go to webex.temple.edu and log in.
- On the top menu bar, click Meeting Center.
- On the left, click Schedule a Meeting.
- In the Meeting Topic box, fill in a topic.
- Next, in the Attendees box, fill in the email address of your classmate(s).
- Then, scroll to the bottom and click Start. A separate Cisco WebEx Meeting Center window will open and your classmate will receive an email meeting invite.
- Click Share Screen so your classmate will be able to see your computer screen.
- Ask your classmate to open the Join WebEx email and to follow the prompts to the join the meeting.
Extra: Need the attendees to share their screens too for your meeting? See the Tech Bit on this topic.
End the WebEx Session
- Move your cursor to the You are sharing this monitor box at the top of the screen and click Stop Sharing.
- On the Citrix WebEx Meeting Center screen, click Leave Meeting or End Meeting towards the left. If a box opens, confirm by clicking End or Leave Meeting.
- On the Temple University WebEx screen, click Log Out towards the top right.
- Next, Close the browser
- If you are working in a computer lab and a Log off icon appears on the desktop, click it. Otherwise, log off the computer as follows:
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start () button, select Shut down or sign out and then Sign out.
- On a Mac, click the Apple () menu and select Log Out.