In a previous Tech Bit, we featured how to set up a quick online meeting and share out the meeting computer screen with a classmate(s). Building on that topic, learn now how your classmate(s) can share their screen(s) too by “passing the ball.”
- In the Set Up a Quick Online Meeting Tech Bit, follow the eight steps under Set Up WebEx to start your meeting.
- Once you've shared your screen, move your cursor to the blue banner at the top of the screen and click Participants. Your initials and name as the presenter, and the participants who have accepted the meeting will appear on the right.
- Next to your initials, you will see a ball.
- Drag the ball to the participant who would like to share their screen. Likewise, any participant can also drag the ball to their initials to share their screen and become the presenter.
- You will see a window indicating that you will no longer be the presenter. Click Yes to continue.
- The new presenter can then share out their screen by clicking the Quick Start tab on the left and then the Share Screen icon.
- To stop sharing, the presenter can move the cursor to the blue banner at the top of the screen and click Stop Sharing.
End the WebEx Session
- On the Citrix WebEx Meeting Center screen, click End Meeting or Leave Meeting towards the left. You can also click File > End Meeting or Leave Meeting. If a box opens, confirm by clicking End or Leave Meeting.
- On the Temple University WebEx screen, click Log Out towards the top right.
- Next, Close the browser
- If you are working in a computer lab and a Log off icon appears on the desktop, click it. Otherwise, log off the computer as follows:
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start () button, select Shut down or sign out and then Sign out.
- On a Mac, click the Apple () menu and select Log Out.