As we start a new semester, please help spread the word about Temple’s technology resources available for students.
- Microsoft 365 for Windows and Mac is available for current Temple students, faculty and staff for free. The software is available for download on up to five PCs or Macs via the Microsoft Download link on TUportal under TUapplications.
Important Note: If you don’t have the latest version of Microsoft 365 on your Temple computer, we recommend that you consult with your School/College/Departmental IT support staff about options for upgrading.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is available for current Temple students, faculty and staff for free via the Adobe Creative Cloud link on TUportal under TUapplications. Creative Cloud includes programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator.
Note that current students using Adobe Creative Cloud through Temple, will need to renew their subscription prior to each semester. To easily renew their access for the Fall 2020 semester, they need to login to TUportal and, under TUapplications, click Adobe Creative Cloud then Subscribe. If they have any questions, they can contact the Help Desk through tuhelp.temple.edu.
- OneDrive offers 1 TB of free storage space. Students, faculty and staff can store and share files and collaborate on projects.
Note that OWLbox will be discontinued as a file storage option on June 30, 2021 and we recommend that you use OneDrive for storing your files moving forward.
- LinkedIn Learning offers access to thousands of videos on business, creativity and technology topics taught by industry experts, as well as certificates and skills to add to your LinkedIn profile.
- Zoom is a web conferencing resource providing students, faculty and staff with the convenience of meeting online to collaborate and complete group projects.
Also please pass along that we will be hosting to two Getting Started with Zoom webinars for students on:
- Print on the Go enables students to use their print quota by submitting print requests via a web browser, TUmail or a mobile app. Students can pick up their printout at any print station location.
- If you are in the Philadelphia area, check out OWLtech, Temple’s technology store on Main Campus in Pearson Hall. Students, faculty and staff can browse and shop for the latest laptops, tablets and accessories from Apple and Dell, and save with education pricing.
- TUmobile allows for students, faculty and staff to stay tuned with all the latest campus news and updates, and see a campus map all in one place with the TUmobile smartphone app.
For more details on technology resources, check out the Technology at Temple Guide.