The new semester is right around the corner, Owls! With classes starting next week, we wanted to share these Temple technology resources to make sure you have the tech tools to succeed this fall:
- Download and install Microsoft 365 for Windows and Mac on up to five PCs or Macs via the Microsoft Download link on TUportal under TUapplications.
- After creating new files with Microsoft 365, store and share your files in OneDrive, where you have 1TB of free storage space.
Note: OWLbox will be discontinued as a file storage option on June 30, 2021 and we recommend that you begin using OneDrive for storing your files. You can also use Google Drive.
- Download Adobe Creative Cloud via the Adobe Creative Cloud link on TUportal under TUapplications and explore your creative side through apps such as Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator.
If you’re already using Adobe Creative Cloud through Temple, you will need to renew your subscription prior to each semester. To easily renew access for the Fall 2020 semester, login to TUportal and, under TUapplications, click Adobe Creative Cloud then Subscribe. Questions? Contact the Help Desk through tuhelp.temple.edu.
- Need help learning Microsoft 365 or one of the creative cloud apps? LinkedIn Learning offers access to thousands of videos on creativity, business and technology topics taught by industry experts, as well as certificates and skills to add to your LinkedIn Profile.
- Use Zoom to conveniently meet online to collaborate and complete group projects. To learn more, see the ITS Zoom website, including training, privacy and security recommendations, and frequently asked questions.
Also, mark your calendars to attend one of our Getting Started with Zoom webinars:
- If you’re planning to be on campus, TUmobile allows you to tap into Temple on the go. Through this smartphone app, you can engage with campus maps, stay up to date with campus news, events and more!
- In the Philadelphia area and looking to buy new tech for the semester? OWLtech is Temple’s technology store on Main Campus in Pearson Hall. Shop for the latest laptops, tablets and accessories from Apple and Dell, and save with education pricing.
- Save money by not having to buy a printer or ink cartridges and use your print quota instead to submit print requests using Print on the Go and pick up your printout at available print station locations.
For more details on technology resources available for students, check out the Technology at Temple Guide.