Looking for a better way to get yourself organized with the new semester starting? Want to successfully keep track of all your upcoming projects, tasks and meetings? Consider using one, or both, of these apps to help you get organized.
Are you a big picture type of person who likes to lay out all the components of a large project or visually manage multiple projects? Consider using Microsoft Planner to help you create a dashboard to see all of your projects components and statuses in one place. To get started:
- Open up Microsoft Planner by going to tasks.office.com and logging in with your AccessNet and password. Note that the first time you login, you may have to first enter your AccessNet username @temple.edu email address and then select work or school account before you login.
- Click New Plan in the top right, type in a name for your plan, decide if you would like to make your plan Private or Public, then click Create plan.
In your newly created plan, you can begin adding tasks that are part of your project, by clicking + Add task under To do.
Looking to add new status categories to help you keep track of a task’s progress (i.e. Doing, Stuck, Completed)?
- Click Add new bucket next to To do and type in a status category you would like to create.
- To move your tasks from each category, just drag and drop them into the correct bucket.
Do you like to keep sticky notes on your desk to keep track of short tasks? Start the semester off with a clean desk area and use Google Keep instead.
To access Google Keep:
- In TUmail Gmail, click the Google Apps grid icon on the upper-right portion of the screen. Then scroll down and click the lightbulb icon .
If you use Exchange/Outlook, log in to TUportal and under TUapplications on the left, click Google Apps, Drive, and then click the Google Apps grid icon on the upper-right portion of the screen. Finally, scroll down and then click the lightbulb icon .
You can also go directly to keep.google.com. If prompted to Choose an account, select Use another account. Then enter your AccessNetemail@example.com and click Next.
- To add a new note, click the take a note... box. You can enter text, or click the Add Image icon to attach a graphic. More options are available under the three dots.
- When done, click Close to post your note.
Also see the Tech Bit part 2 on this topic: Share Tasks & Collaborate with Others