There are 13 Breakout Rooms located in the TECH Center offering a private space and the resources needed to work collaboratively.
TECH Center breakout rooms offer students the privacy and resources needed to work collaboratively. These rooms are intended for academic functions such as group projects, practicing presentations and viewing course-oriented media.
There are 13 breakout rooms are located on the first and second floors of the TECH Center. They are equipped with a flat panel wall display, a whiteboard and a desk with a computer set up for group interaction. Capacities vary per room and can accommodate between 6-12 people.
Three breakout rooms are equipped with multimedia, surround sound, a large screen and a DVD/VCR console.
Two breakout rooms are equipped with webcams and microphones
- One breakout room has a recordable whiteboard.
- One breakout room has an ENO smart board.
- Rooms are available to groups of three or more. Smaller groups are not permitted.
- Rooms may be used for up to six hours at a time.
- Students are limited to a maximum of 9 hours of reservations per week.
- To reserve a room, go to groupstudy.temple.edu. You can also reserve a room by visiting the TECH Center Consultant’s Desk or by calling 215-204-9898.
- Breakout rooms are available only to currently registered Temple University students.
- Rooms may be reserved for single uses up to one week in advance. (No more than one advance reservation per person.) Rooms are assigned based on availability. Information Technology Services cannot guarantee use of a specific room.
- When not reserved in advance, breakout rooms are available for immediate use on a first come, first served basis.
- If users are more than 15 minutes late for a reservation, the room may be given to someone else.
- Breakout Rooms are intended primarily for academic use by students for course-related assignments and activities.
- Student organizations may use the rooms for meetings based on availability.
- Use of the rooms for commercial activities and solicitations is strictly prohibited.
- Use by faculty or staff is permitted only when the use involves a student group (review sessions, meeting, etc.). Such uses are restricted to one-time only use. Regularly scheduled events (such as classes) are not permitted. (There is a separate breakout room available for faculty/staff groups in Room 107 of the TECH Center.)
- The rooms must be booked by one of the students who will be using the room. Faculty members, for example, may not book the rooms for their students unless they are going to be present in the room during the reservations.
- Users of breakout rooms must be respectful of others working outside the rooms. Noise should be kept to a minimum; volume on equipment must be kept to a reasonable level.
- Rooms must be kept neat and clean. Users should ensure that rooms are returned to original condition before leaving the room. Whiteboards should be erased before leaving room.
- Information Technology Services reserves the right to remove users from the breakout rooms and/or prohibit future use of breakout rooms if individuals abuse the rooms, disturb others in the lab, or violate policies.
- Use for purely social purposes (watching movies, socializing, playing games, etc.) is prohibited.
- Food is not permitted in the rooms; however, covered or capped beverages are permitted.
- Information Technology Services reserves the right to remove users from the labs and/or prohibit future use of the labs if individuals abuse the rooms, disturb others in the lab, or violate policies.
- By logging onto a TECH Center computer, you agree to abide by all Information Technology Services policies.