Discover the many technology resources available for students in our Technology at Temple Guide.
Note: You can also view a pdf version of this guide.
Conveniently access many popular Temple resources by logging into tuportal.temple.edu. For example, register for courses, view your class schedule, check final grades and much more through the Student Tools tab.
The portal is also home to Next Steps, which notifies students of important tasks they need to perform, such as updating emergency contact information, paying bills, and selecting meal plans.
- TUmail & Google Apps
Stay in touch with email and chat, keep organized with the calendar and tasks, create and collaborate on documents and websites and much more!
- Microsoft Office 365 & OneDrive
Download Office for free on up to five Macs/PCs, plus five mobile devices and tablets.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Download Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Acrobat Pro and more) for free for coursework.
Access course content and submit class assignments online for classes or training programs.
Browse your class schedule, grades, campus maps and more on your smartphone.
Access over 20,000 instructional videos on business, creativity and technology topics taught by industry experts.
- Print on the Go
Use your print quota to submit and pick up print requests at any Print on the Go station from your laptop or mobile device.
Use 100GB of free storage in the cloud for collaborating, storing and sharing documents.
Collaborate and meet with other students online through free web conferencing.
- Shopper’s Guide
Take advantage of education discounts on computers and software.
- Computer Recycling Center
Buy significantly discounted recycled/refurbished university computers and other electronic devices.
- Get Connected
Access wireless internet in key university locations including residence halls.
- Diamond Dollars
Add funds to your Temple OWLcard to make purchases on campus.
- Tech Bits
Receive announcements about new resources, technology tips through Tech Bits, an email sent to the university community.
- Cherry & White Directory
Find contact information for students, faculty and staff and personalize your @temple.edu email address by creating an alias.
Located on Main Campus, Temple’s award-winning computer facility, is a major hub providing students with a vibrant environment to study, socialize and collaborate while taking advantage of premier technology including:
- 600 PC and Mac workstations
- 250 software applications
- 13 break-out rooms
- 3 WhisperRoom booths suitable for recording podcasts, vocal narrations and other individual recording sessions
- wireless loaner laptops and iPads
- wireless printing
- 2 MediaScape collaboration tables
- 3D printing and scanning
- specialty labs for video editing, music and graphic design
- quiet study rooms
- media studio for shooting video and recording audio
- internet lounge
- cell phone charging lockers
Learn more: techcenter.temple.edu
In addition to the TECH Center, Temple offers:
- school and college computer labs with general and specialized software
- accessibility tools, available on over 1,200 campus computers, providing adaptive technologies to students with disabilities
For a list of computer labs, visit its.temple.edu/computerlabs.
- Over 500 smart classrooms feature computers, built-in multimedia, internet and wireless access.
- Instructors can record and share class lecture online using lecture capture programs.
- Wireless projection is available in Wachman Hall, the Science Education and Research Center (SERC), the Tuttleman Learning Center, and other expanding locations with Kramer/Apple TV.
The Help Desk provides a wide range of technology and application support. 24-hour technical support is available Sunday morning through Friday evening with extensive Saturday hours during the fall and spring semesters. Extensive hours are also available during summer sessions. Details available at: its.temple.edu/techsupport
- The Help Desk: Located in the TECH Center (Room 106)
- Online: Submit requests for help or chat online at: its.temple.edu
- Call: 215-204-8000