- Tap the Play Store icon.
- In the Search box, type citrix. Then tap citrix receiver for android.
- Tap the Citrix Receiver icon.
- Tap INSTALL.
- Tap ACCEPT.
- When the installation is complete, tap OPEN.
- If Citrix Receiver is not already open, tap the Receiver icon.
- If the Citrix Receiver Welcome screen appears, tap Add Account. Otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Tap the Settings icon (three vertical squares) on the upper-right portion of the screen and select Manual setup.
- In the Type line, select Web Interface.
- In the Address line, type https://remote.temple.edu and tap Log On.
- Log in using your AccessNet username and password.
- In the Two Step Verification window, select a device that you previously registered. If you registered more than one phone or mobile device, select the one you want to use from the Device box. Then select how you want to be contacted. To receive a text message, click the Enter a Passcode box. A blue bar will then appear at the bottom of the window. In this bar, click Text me new codes.
- If prompted to make a selection, select TUAPPS. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- The main TUapps screen appears. All the applications you can access are listed on this page. - To add an application to your list of favorites, tap the Details link and then Add to Favorites. To view only your favorites, tap the Favorites icon in the center of the red bar at the top of the page. - To view only the Microsoft Office apps, tap the Microsoft Office 2016 box at the top. - To view only the default apps that all Temple University employees can access, tap the Standard TU Apps box at the top.
- To access an application, tap the appropriate icon.
- Perform the steps under the Access TUapps tab on the left.
- On the TUapps home page, select the DocFinder application.
- Select Computer.
- Your shared/personal departmental storage folders will appear. Select these folders to view or edit your files. Note that you will be using the version of Microsoft Office that is part of the TUapps website. Make sure to save the files to these same folders on your N:, P: and S: drives. Otherwise, they may be deleted the next time you log in. Note: By design, you cannot copy content or save these DocFinder files to your computer off campus. You also cannot delete files from the N:, P: and S: drives within TUapps.
Using TUapps, you can access the programs and files on your office computer from off campus. The connection makes it appear as if you are actually sitting in front of the computer clicking on programs, opening files, etc.
Note: These procedures are not applicable to computers that reside on a restricted network.
- Prepare your office computer as described above under Access Your Office Computer from Off Campus.
- Perform the steps under the Install Citrix Receiver and Access TUapps tabs on the left.
- On the TUapps home page, select Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter the IP address of your office computer, as described in the instructions under Prepare Your Office Computer for Access from Off Campus. Then select Connect. Note: If you do not know the IP address, use this self-service link to see the IP addresses of the computers you have used recently.
- If you are warned that the identity of the remote computer cannot be verified and prompted if you want to connect anyway, select Yes.
- If your office computer is a PC, a Windows login window will appear. Enter your AccessNet username and password. The Log on to: box should be set to either TU or TEMPLE, depending on how your office computer is set up.
- To end your Remote Desktop session, close the window that displays your office computer.
- To log off, tap your name on the upper-right portion of the screen. Then select Log Off.
- Tap the Settings icon (three vertical squares) on the upper-right portion of the screen and select Exit.