Perform Preliminary Steps
- Log in to the TUmail website.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP from the Settings menu across the top.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Configure your Android device
Note: These instructions assume your device has the Google Gmail app. You may see slight differences depending on your version of the Android OS.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Accounts > Add account, and then select Google.
- At this point, you may be asked for a password, fingerprint, or pattern.
- Tap the Email or phone box and enter your @temple e-mail address (AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org) and tap Next.
- You will be notified that your Google account is managed by temple.edu. In a moment, you will be sent there to finish signing in. Tap Accept.
- At the Temple login screen, enter your AccessNet username (not your full email address) and password. Then tap Login.
- Finally, return to the home screen and then tap the Gmail app to access your email.