App Push is the preferred verification method because it is fast and simple to use. When you select App Push, the Duo Mobile app (iPhone/Android) displays a notification on your smartphone. Tap Approve to authenticate.
- If you get a login request that you weren't expecting, tap Deny. You’ll be given the ability to report it as fraudulent or deny the request without reporting it.
- When you access a website that requires Two Step Verification, you will be prompted to select a phone.
- Select a phone number that you previously designated.
- Select App Push.
- A message appears prompting you to open the Duo Mobile app on your phone and tap Approve to complete the verification. The following steps show how to perform this action on your iPhone or Android device.
- iPhone Example 1 a) Tap the Duo Mobile notification message on your lock screen. b) Unlock your phone. c) In the Duo Mobile app, tap Approve.
- iPhone Example 2 Tap anywhere on the notification message. Then, in the Duo Mobile app, tap Approve.
- Android Example Tap anywhere on the notification message. Then, in the Duo Mobile app, tap Approve.
- The webpage you are attempting to access will open.