- Log in to TUmail at http://tumail.temple.edu. Then click the gear icon on the right top portion of the screen and select Settings.
- Perform the following: 1. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. 2. Select Enable IMAP. 3. Click Save Changes.
- Click the circle on the top right hand corner with your initials. Then click My Account.
- On the left side under Sign-in and Security, click Connected apps & sites,
- Scroll down and use the slider to set Allow Less Secure Apps to ON.
- Click the Apple Mail icon in the Launchpad at the bottom of the desktop.
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen, click Mail and then Add Account.
- Click Google and then click Continue.
- Type your-AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org (for example, email@example.com). Then click Next.
- Type your AccessNet username and password. Then click Login.
- Make sure Mail is selected. Then click Done.
If you are having problems sending mail, check your outgoing SMTP settings:
- From the Apple Mail Menu, click Mail, then click Preferences.
- Choose your account on the left. Under the Outgoing Mail Server option, choose to Edit SMTP Server List.
- Verify the following: - The server port should be set to 587. - Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) should be selected. - Authentication should be set to Password.