There are two methods for setting your your iPhone or iPad to access TU Gmail:
- The first method, which is explained below, uses the IMAP protocol and enables you to simply sync your e-mail and calendar with your device.
- The second method, uses the Google Sync protocol and enables you sync your email, calendar, and contacts to your device. To use this method, refer to Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device. When prompted for your username, enter your AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org.)
Using IMAP Protocol to Sync Email and Calendar
Before setting up your iPhone or iPad, use a computer to enable IMAP in TU Gmail by performing the following steps:
- Log in to the TUmail website.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP from the Settings menu across the top.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Next, configure your iPhone or iPad by performing the following steps. These instructions are written for iOS version, 11.0.2:
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Next, tap Add Account and then tap Google.
- Tap the Email or phone box and enter your @temple e-mail address (AccessNetemail@example.com) and tap Next.
- Enter your password and then tap Next.
- By default, your Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes will be synced. If you don't want all or one of these to be synced, tap the white circle and move it to the right so the oval becomes grayed out.
- Tap Save on the upper-right portion of the screen.
- Finally, press the Home button and then tap your Mail icon to access your account.
Note that the iPhone is automatically configured with the following settings:
- Outgoing Mail Server:
Use SSL: ON
Server Port: 993