- Log in to TUmail at http://tumail.temple.edu. Then click the gear icon on the right top portion of the screen and select Settings.
- Perform the following: 1. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. 2. Select Enable IMAP. 3. Click Save Changes.
- Click the circle on the top right hand corner with your initials. Then click My Account.
- On the left side under Sign-in and Security, click Connected apps & sites,
- Scroll down and use the slider to set Allow Less Secure Apps to ON.
- Open Outlook 2016. Click the File tab.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Manual setup or additional server types. Then click Next.
- Click Pop or IMAP and then click Next.
- 1. Under User Information: a) Type your full name. b) Type @temple.edu email address. This can be either your-AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org (for example, email@example.com) or an email alias (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). 2. Under Server Information: a) In the Account Type box, select IMAP. b) In the Incoming mail server box, type: imap.gmail.com c) In the Outgoing mail server box, type: smtp.gmail.com 3. Under Logon Information: a) Type your-AccessNetemail@example.com (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). b) Type your AccessNet password. c) If you would like Outlook to remember your password, click the Remember password. 4. Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Then select the following options: - My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication - Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab. Then select the following and click OK: - Next to Incoming server (IMAP), type 993. - Next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL. - Next to Outgoing server (SMTP), type 587. - Next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select TLS. Note: You will need to select TLS before typing 587.
- You should see a confirmation that all tests were completed successfully. A test message will also be sent to your inbox. Click Close.
- Click Finish.