Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. It supports Windows, MacOS 10.11 and higher, and Linux operating systems.
- Download and install the OBS software from https://obsproject.com/. Click Live Stream in the left navigation pane, then click Live capture.
- In the Description tab, enter a title, as well as optional descriptive information. Then click Continue.
- Click the Manage Stream tab. Then click Continue.
- Click the Publish tab. Optionally select one or more playlists to include with the live capture. Then click Publish.
- In the list of live streams, click Manage below the live capture video you just created.
- Click the Live Encoders tab.
- Expand the Open Broadcaster tab and take note of the Set Streaming Values. You will need to enter the URL and Stream Key when entering your Stream Settings on the next tab.
- Open your OBS software.
- In the Open Broadcaster encoder, click File > Settings.
- Click the Stream tab.
- In the Service box, select Custom…
- a) In the Server box, type: rtmp://streaming.temple.edu/EVLiveCapture b) In the Stream Key box, type the Stream Key you retrieved previously from the Set Streaming Values section in the previous tab.
- Click Apply to save the changes. Then click OK.
- Click Start Streaming.