To connect to Temple's network so you can access your office computer, you need to install a VPN (Virtual Private Network) program called Citrix Access Gateway.
- To perform these steps, you must have the ability to install software on your computer. If you are using a Temple-issued computer, you may not have the privileges to do this. For assistance, please contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk by clicking the Request Help tab on the Information Technology Services home page or by calling 215-204-8000.
- If you use a web browser other than Internet Explorer, you will need to know whether you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- In a separate window, go to one of the following websites: https://vdrvpn.temple.edu (Vendor VPN) https://hipaavpn.temple.edu (HIPAA VPN)
- If you selected Vendor VPN, enter your AccessNet username and password and click Log On. Then skip to step 4. Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
- If you selected HIPAA VPN: a) Type your your AccessNet username and password. b) Enter one of the following: - If you have an RSA SecurID mobile app, enter your token. - If you have an RSA SecurID physical card, enter your four PIN followed by your token. For example, if your PIN is 5555 and your token is 123456, you would enter 5555123456. c) Click Log On.
- If you previously logged on using another computer or browser, you may be prompted to transfer your session. In this case, click Transfer.
- Perform one of the following: If you are prompted to download the Citrix Access Gateway Plug-in, click the appropriate Download button and proceed to the next step to install the Citrix Access Gateway Plug-in.Note: If you use a web browser other than Internet Explorer, you will need to know whether you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. If you use Internet Explorer, you will not need to know this as the appropriate link will automatically appear. If you are not prompted to download the Citrix Access Gateway Plug-in, skip to step 11.
- When prompted to run or save the file, click Run.
- If the following warning appears, click Yes: Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?
- Click Install to begin the installation process.
- The progress bar will move as the necessary files are being installed.
- When notified that the setup is complete, click Finish.
- If you selected Vendor VPN, the Virtual Private Network (VPN) Connection web page appears indicating you are connected to Temple's network. You can close this page at any time. Skip to step 13.
- If you selected HIPAA VPN, the Temple University main web page appears indicating you are connected to Temple's network.
- You will also notice that the Citrix Access Gateway icon appears in blue in the system tray on the lower-right portion of the task bar. This also indicates you are connected to Temple's network.
To log off from Citrix Access Gateway, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the Citrix Access Gateway icon located in the system tray on the lower-right portion of the task bar.
- Click Logoff.
- When prompted to logoff, click Yes.