Windows 10 - Full Setup Procedure
If you are having trouble connecting to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet wireless networks, perform the full wireless setup procedure as described below.
Note: Although the sample screens show TUsecurewireless, they pertain to TUresnet as well.
Perform the steps below to forget the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet network. This will enable you to start fresh, so you can set up a new connection manually.
- Click the wireless connection icon on the task bar and select Network settings.
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings. Note: You may need to scroll down to see this option.
- If the Manage known networks section appears near the bottom with the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet network listed, click Forget next to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet network name. Then close the Manage Wi-Fi Settngs window.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Manually connect to a wireless network. Then click Next.
- Perform the following: a) In the Network name box, type tusecurewireless or turesnet b) In the Security type box, select WPA2-Enterprise. c) In the Encryption type box, make sure AES is selected. d) Make sure Start this connection automatically is selected. e) Click Next.
- Click Change Connection Settings.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Select Specify authentication mode. Then in the box underneath, select User or computer authenticator and click OK.
- Click Settings.
- Perform the following: a) Uncheck Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate. b) Uncheck Enable Fast Reconnect. c) Click Configure.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Then click OK.
- Click OK to exit the Protected EAP Properties window.
- Click OK to exit the Wireless Network Properties window.
- Click Close.
- Close the Network and Sharing Center window.
- Connect to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet network.