These instructions assume you are using the Internet Explorer web browser. You may see some differences if you are using Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to http://remote.temple.edu and log in using your AccessNet username and password.
- In the Two Step Verification window, select a device that you previously registered. Then select how you want to be contacted. To receive a text message, click the Enter a Passcode box. A blue bar will then appear at the bottom of the window. In this bar, click Text me new codes.
- When prompted to make a selection, select TU VPN Network Access. Note: If you do not see this prompt, this means you do not have access to Temple's VPN resources.
- If you are prompted to download the Netscaler Gateway Plug-in for Windows, click Download. Otherwise, skip to step 10.
- When prompted to run or save the file, click Run.
- Click Install to begin the installation process.
- The progress bar will move as the necessary files are being installed.
- When notified that the setup is complete, click Finish.
- When your connection is established, a confirmation page appears.
Once you establish a VPN connection, you can access the programs and files on your office computer from off campus. The connection makes it appear as if you are actually sitting in front of the computer clicking on programs, opening files, etc.
Note: These instructions assume you are using Windows 10.
- Prepare your office computer as described above under Prepare Your Office Computer for Access from Off Campus.
- Perform the following: a) Right-click the Start button and select Search. b) Type Remote Desktop Connection. c) In the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Computer box, type the name or IP address of your office computer. Then click Connect.
- Enter your AccessNet password and click OK.
- If you are warned that the identity of the remote computer cannot be verified, click Yes to proceed.
- You office computer now appears in a window on your screen. Click OK to view your Desktop.
- If you maximize the Remote Desktop window, a connection bar appears at the top of the screen.
- To exit your Remote Desktop session, click the close icon (x) on the window or connection bar.
- When prompted that your remote session will be disconnected, click OK.
- Right-click the Netscaler Gateway icon and select Logoff. The icon appears on the lower-right portion of the screen. Note: If you do not see the Netscaler Gateway icon, proceed to the next steps.
- Right-click the Citrix Receiver icon and select Advanced Preferences. The icon appears on the lower-right portion of the screen.
- Click Netscaler Gateway Settings. Then click Open.
- Click Logoff.