Windows 7 - Full Setup Procedure
If you are having trouble connecting to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet wireless networks, perform the full wireless setup procedure as described below.
Note: Although the sample screens show TUsecurewireless, they pertain to TUresnet as well.
Note: Before setting up tusecurewireless or turesnet, verify that your laptop displays an active wireless connection. If the green connection light does not appear, activate the connection by pressing the appropriate switch or key on your laptop. For detailed instructions, refer to the user guide for your computer.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage Wireless Networks.
- If you see an icon for the network to which you are trying to connect (tusecurewireless or turesnet), perform the following: a) Click the icon. b) Click Remove. c) At the confirmation screen, click OK.
- Click Add.
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the following information: a) Network name: tusecurewireless or turesnet b) Security type: WPA2-Enterprise c) Encryption type: AES d) Select Start this connection automatically. e) Select Connect even if the network is not broadcasting. Then, click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- Select the Security tab and click Advanced settings.
- Select Specify authentication mode. Then in the box underneath, select User or computer authenticator and click OK.
- Click Settings.
- Make the following changes: a) Uncheck Validate server certificate. b) Select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2). c) Click Configure.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows... and click OK. Then, click OK on any open windows.
- Go to the Task Bar at the bottom of the Desktop. Mouse over the connecting icon and click on Additional information is required to connect to tusecurewireless or turesnet.
- Enter your AccessNet username and password and then click OK.
- A message verifying authentication may display.
- Click the wireless icon on the system tray (lower right portion of the screen next to the date and time).
- Click the tusecurewireless or turesnet network connection.
- Click Connect.
- If prompted, enter your AccessNet username and password and then click OK.