Windows 8.1 - Full Setup Procedure
If you are having trouble connecting to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet wireless networks, perform the full wireless setup procedure as described below.
Note: Although the sample screens show TUsecurewireless, they pertain to TUresnet as well.
- Click the Desktop tile on the lower left portion of the Windows 8 main screen.
- Click the wireless icon on the system tray (lower right portion of the screen next to the date and time).
- If a tusecurewireless or turesnet network connection appears, right-click on it. Then, if Forget this network appears, select this option.
- Move the cursor to the upper right corner of the screen. When the Charms bar appears, select the Search icon.
- Begin typing Control Panel until the Control Panel icon appears on the left. Then click the Control Panel icon.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Manually connect to a wireless network. Then click Next.
- Perform the following: a) In the Network name box, type tusecurewireless or turesnet b) In the Security type box, select WPA2-Enterprise. c) In the Encryption type box, make sure AES is selected. d) Make sure Start this connection automatically is selected. e) Click Next.
- Click Change Connection Settings.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select Specify authentication mode. Then in the box underneath, select User or computer authenticator and click OK.
- Click Settings.
- Perform the following: a) Uncheck Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate. b) Uncheck Enable Fast Reconnect. c) Click Configure.
- Make sure Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) is not selected. Then click OK.
- Click OK to exit the EAP Properties window. Then click OK to exit the Wireless Network Properties window.
- Click Close.
- Connect to the TUsecurewireless or TUresnet network.