Video Conferencing is available at Temple University to facilitate meetings, classes, conferences, interviews, etc., with others at remote locations.
Video Conferencing facilities are available at all campuses throughout Temple University to facilitate meetings, classes, conferences, interviews, etc., with others at remote locations. Classroom Technology Support (CTS) provides consultations on the use of videoconferencing at the Main Campus. IT personnel are available on satellite campuses to provide consultations for using video conferencing on their respective campus.
Any current Temple University student, instructor or employee is eligible to use this service.
- Consultations are available with the Classroom Technology Support group during normal business hours, however, advanced questions may need to be referred to consultants with special expertise in video conferencing. Advanced consultations are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Information Technology Services does not support all video conferencing facilities. Some Schools, Colleges, and Departments have dedicated locations equipped with video conferencing capabilities. In most cases, Information Technology Services is aware of these sites and can direct you to the appropriate person.
- Information Technology Services does not schedule video conferencing facilities. Scheduling is arranged by several individuals and is based on location. Information Technology Services can direct you to the appropriate scheduler or act as a mediator between you and the scheduler.
- Information Technology Services does not provide cost estimates for video conferencing installations but can collaborate with you to obtain an estimate from Facilities Management.
- Video conferencing facilities are limited and setting up a video conference can be complex. Please be aware that your request may not be able to be fulfilled because a room is not available or there is not sufficient time to set up and test the equipment.
- To schedule a video conference between Temple University campuses each campus must be contacted to be sure that their space is available, wherever the presenter or meeting moderator will be would be considered the ‘host’ location and a technician from that campus would place the video conference call into the others. To connect to sites outside of the university you MUST contact the appropriate campus well in advance with a technical contact name, phone number, and the IP address of the video conferencing codec so that a test connection can be done prior to your event to ensure that there are no compatibility or network firewall issues with those locations. Those sites MUST be using a video conferencing codec, NOT WebEx, SKYPE, Face Time etc.
- Information Technology Services does not provide staff in the room during video conferencing events. Support for video conferencing events is provided the same way support is provided to events scheduled in smart classrooms. For additional information, refer to Classroom Technology Support.
Ritter Annex 324 - a video conference space, with installed equipment
Contact: Michael Field, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-204-0131
- TECH Center Room 111 - a video conference space, with installed equipment. That space is scheduled by contacting the Innovation Center through TUHelp
- Fox School of Business Management - Alter Hall, Rooms A 031, 131, 378, 605, 606, 722 and Speakman 384 are video conference space. Contact: 215-204-5017
College of Liberal Arts - Weiss Hall Room 642 - a video conference space, with installed equipment
Contact: Cyril Ireland, email@example.com 215-204-5934
CENTER CITY CAMPUS
TUCC Room 208 - a video conference space, with installed equipment
Contacts: Larry O’Reilly firstname.lastname@example.org
FW Office: 3-8507
Contacts: Eldridge Rose email@example.com 215-204-2686
Kyle Dumond firstname.lastname@example.org 215-204-2949
Room LC 301 - a video conference space, with installed equipment
Contacts: Novel Kim email@example.com 267-468-8399
Reid Overturf firstname.lastname@example.org 267-468-8385
FORT WASHINGTON CAMPUS
Rooms TUFW rooms 1, 3, 4, 6, 13, 19 - video conference space, with installed equipment
Contact: Dave Brickett email@example.com 267-468-8566 (3-8566)
HEALTH SCIENCE CAMPUS
Room C Student Faculty Center - a portable system, call for details
Contacts: Filip Pongratz, SFC Activities and Operations firstname.lastname@example.org 215-707-4481
Shervonda Carr, SFC Activities and Operations email@example.com 215-707-8443
MERB 343 , Auditorium 105, Auditorium 305 and the Dean’s Conference Room in the Medical School are video conference space, with installed equipment
Contacts: Micael Seip firstname.lastname@example.org 215-514-6893
Thomas Fanrak email@example.com 215-707-7343
Room 249 - a video conference space, with installed equipment
Room 252 - a video conference space, with a portable setup that stays in the room
Contacts: Adam Romanik firstname.lastname@example.org 717-460-4450
Patti Baltimore email@example.com 717-232-6400
Lynn Notestine, MSW TUH Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org 717-221-1636